Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools


I apologize for the picture that accompanies Sanaya Says today (www.SanayaSays.com).  See the April 1st post – or don’t, if it means you’ll blow your diet.  (In which case you might want to read my first book, “Conquer Your Cravings.”)

In any case, happy April!  This day brings fond memories of my childhood, when my mother, affectionately known around The Villages as “Ruthie,” used to really get into April Fool’s Day.  One year she outdid herself.  She put Vaseline on the bathroom doorknobs and sewed together the bottom edges of the towel hanging on my towel rack so that when I got out of the shower it just went round and round like one of those cloth towels in a public restroom.  I thought I had made it through the day, until I went to get ready for bed.  I slipped my nightgown over my head and discovered that she had also sewn the sleeves shut!  She was (and still is) a real card.  It’s no wonder everyone loves her.  Just like Sanaya advises us to do today, she went the extra mile to let us kids know we were loved.  Thanks, Mom, I love you. 

Ty and I agreed not to play any tricks on each other today.  For those of you who’ve read his blog, you can understand why I’m not quite sure I can trust him!  Happy April to all of you.  May today and every day be filled with an extra pinch of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment