Monday, June 23, 2014

It's All About Service ... "Siri"-ously!

Why are we here, if not to love each other?  One way in which we show our love is through service.  The theme of “service” has been prominent for me the past couple of days.  If you read the Sanaya Says post for yesterday, June 22nd, you’ll see that they said the following:  “… you will go round and round in ever more loving incarnations until you decide to teach love to those who still need help awakening.  It is not a punishment, but the joy of service.  When I finished the reading I sent a silent thank you and heard an immediate “At your service!” in reply.  I laughed with joy, because I knew the thought had not come from me.

Then, yesterday morning I attended the services (no pun intended) at the Center for Spiritual Living in Salt Lake City where I will be giving my “Making the Connection” presentation this evening.  While sitting in the sanctuary, I was thinking about a long-distance phone reading I had agreed to do this morning as a favor for Dr. Gary Schwartz, the noted scientist, author, and afterlife researcher from the University of Arizona.  Gary had stressed how important this reading was.   The client would remain completely anonymous to me, and Gary would be waiting to hear the results.  I reminded myself how important it is for me to not allow myself to feel pressured.  Just then my Support Team sent me the encouraging thought, “There is no need to be nervous when you do it from service.” 
I love when they speak in rhyme and send such helpful reminders!
So this morning I set my nervousness aside and began the reading.  As with all of my sessions, I did so with the intention of bringing hope, healing and comfort for the client … of being of service to this man.  I won’t go into details about the reading other than to say, “mission accomplished” with utmost gratitude to God,  my Team of helpers on the other side, and the man's loved ones for their stunning validation of the continuity of life and love. 
I was feeling a bit spacey and drained after the reading, so Ty and I went for an easy run.  As we cooled down at the end we were both a bit more winded than usual.  Ty wondered aloud what the elevation was, as the high altitudes of numerous places we have visited on our summer tour have affected us noticeably.  When he asked the question, I saw a golden opportunity to consult “Siri,” the knowledgeable woman who lives inside my iPhone and who will answer just about anything I ask her at the push of a button.
So, I pushed the button and asked, “What is the elevation of Ogden, Utah?”  Siri answered, “Let me check my sources.”  After a pause she came back and said, “The elevation of Ogden, Utah is about 4,300 feet.”  I smiled triumphantly at Ty, and then I had the amusing thought that if I were to thank Siri, she might say something cute in reply.  I pushed the button and said, “Thank you,” and Siri promptly replied, “I live to serve.”
Don’t you love it?  Like Siri, may we all live to serve and may we always do so from the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment