Monday, May 5, 2014

With Impeccable Timing

It’s incredible what happens when we trust our unseen helpers in spirit.  I was invited to give the message (aka the “sermon”) at the Sunday service at Unity of Mills River yesterday.  In the past, when asked to give a talk, the former Navy officer in me would write out much of what I planned to say.  Then I would practice it aloud for several days leading up to the event.  I would time each trial run to make sure I came within a few minutes of the allotted limit.
Last December as I prepared to speak at Unity of St. Petersburg, my guides (Sanaya) asked me to trust them.  They told me it was okay to plan a bit, but to let them guide me during the service.  With utmost trust I did just that.  The result was the message I gave about Christ Consciousness that many of you have viewed online:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jnnwOpfhY
This week the old programming kicked in and I planned to prepare and practice as thoroughly as I used to.  I chose the topic of “Faith, Hope, and Love,” focusing on the evidence from a couple of select readings I have given that took people from faith and hope in life after death to full knowing that love is eternal.  I had been asked to speak for 20 minutes.  I wrote out a few ideas, and then I clearly heard my guides say, “What did we tell you in Poem #1?”  What they told me was:  “Yes, prepare, but speak with confidence if you dare.  Ours is to leave you without care.”  I laughed, relaxed, and thanked them.  Instead of timing my message, I simply passed along to my guides that I needed 20 minutes of inspiring words.  With that, I surrendered any concerns and didn’t practice the talk a single time.
Sunday morning came and I stepped to the platform in front of a full sanctuary with no notes in hand.  There was no clock on the wall.  The words flowed effortlessly, and I knew I was not standing there alone.  When I returned to my seat I asked Ty, “Was that about 20 minutes?”  I had no idea, because time had seemed to stop while I was sharing.  He replied, “I think so.” 
As I left the church, one of the staff members handed me a copy of a DVD with the entire church service on it.  This afternoon I had a chance to view the recording.  My greatest curiosity involved the timing of my talk.  The little voice inside said, “Trust us,” and I pressed the play button.  As I watched the video and saw myself step onto the platform, I noticed the elapsed time when I said my first word.  It read 46:16.  With a feeling of knowing something magical had happened, I fast forwarded to the last word in my talk and looked at the ending time.  The timer read 1:06:16.   
I had asked Spirit to help me share a message of faith, hope, and love that lasted twenty minutes.  They asked me to have faith in them as I shared my messages of hope.  I did so, and they lovingly guided me to speak exactly 20 minutes and 00 seconds.  This is yet another of those ever-increasing moments when I am simply awed and overcome with delight at how Love manifests in our lives when we trust.  May you also come to know that we never face our challenges alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment