Thursday, May 29, 2014

Can You Hear a Pin Drop?

How clear are the voices I hear in a reading?  Sometimes the auditory evidence from those who have passed comes through like a phone call, and other times it’s as if the spirit is talking under water.  Sometimes it’s so fleeting that I wonder, “Did I really hear that?”  I have learned to pass along 100% of what I hear, see, and feel in a reading, even if I may not be 100% sure of what I sense.  If the information strikes a chord with the person having the reading (the “sitter”), I know I sensed correctly.  If not, I first ask the sitter to check the information with another family member later.  Once verified, that is one of my favorite kinds of evidence, because it shows that I wasn’t reading the sitter’s mind; I was hearing it directly from their loved one on the other side.  If the information can’t be verified, then it most likely got garbled passing through my human filter (aka:  my brain).

Last night Ty and I attended a lecture at Badlands National Park with one of the park rangers.  The ranger asked the audience, “What are the three things you should take when you hike here?”  Several people shouted out the correct answers:  a hat, sunscreen, and water.  Then someone behind us added, “And food!”  The ranger laughed and replied, “You're right.  Boots are a good idea.”
No one bothered to tell the ranger that he had misheard the answer.  Both food and boots are helpful on a hike.  And both have the same “oo” sound, which is what caused the ranger’s brain to interpret “food” as “boots.”  The two men were no more than forty feet apart.  There were no outside distractions.  If it’s that easy for the human brain to misinterpret the frequency of sound, it’s no wonder that the accuracy during communication with those no longer in physical form can waver a bit.

I’m reminded of that Sprint commercial that showed a pin falling onto a hard surface.  That’s the kind of auditory clarity I strive to achieve when I attune to those on the other side.  But last night’s lecture with the ranger taught me more than the subject of the ranger’s presentation.  It taught me that even though some of us are blessed to be able to hear, see, and sense those no longer in a body, mediums are human too.

1 comment:

  1. You comfort those who grieve. You allow the Spirit of the Loving God to flow through you! You teach only Love. You allow the Lord Jesus to speak through you. Many broken people have been given hope by the work that you do. You have been chosen by God to bring healing as a precious gift. I am grateful that I met someone like you in my later years. Your walk and your talk match. Unfortunately, there are those who do not see Jesus when he is looking at them through the eyes of Love. I am truly blessed. I see Jesus in you.

    ReplyDelete