Thursday, May 15, 2014

An Eventful Arrival in Chicago Land


Our arrival in Chicago Land today was not without a bit of tension.  One minute we were skirting the city on the highway, and the next moment we found ourselves on Lake Shore Drive.  This would not normally be so bad, except that we were in a 42-foot coach towing a Honda CRV.  That would not be a problem, except that the only apparent exits led to bridges lower than our 13' height.  I began to have visions of getting stuck and completely blocking city traffic during rush hour.  (Did I mention that with our tow vehicle behind us we cannot back up AT ALL?)  Picture crowded city streets.  Now picture trying to turn left or right with a 60' rig.  All this resulted from listening to our GPS!

Feeling more agitated by the second, I tuned in to my guides and mentally said, "We're going to be fine, right?" The response was not what I expected.  A feeling of doom descended upon me.  Had  the feeling been accompanied by words, they would have gone something like, "You ... are ... hosed."  One minute later, we came face to face with a 12'6" bridge and Captain Ty calmly said, "Call the police." I learned once again that my guides know what they're talking about.  I decided to call in the big guns first and sent a special request to some of the heavy hitters up above before dialing 911.  To read how this one came out, check out Ty's blog:  http://lifeastyseesitblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/gm-tour-armadillo-sushi-911-in-downtown.html

An update from the tour route:  We are now in the Central Time Zone.  For those of you who visit www.SanayaSays.com daily, the posts may start showing up an hour later.

We're now happily camped only 50 feet from Lake Michigan at the campground onboard the Naval Training Center in Great Lakes.  We are looking forward to our two events at Unity on the North Shore this Saturday.  For more reasons than one, I am so grateful to be here!

1 comment:

  1. I say fire Jill and give thanks that you FINALLY got to speak to a helpful person in the police department.

    ReplyDelete